NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE
USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION.
PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
We are required by law to keep any health information about you private and to provide you with notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your protected health information (PHI). PHI is information that could identify you and that relates to health conditions past, present or future. This “Notice of privacy Practices Notice” describes how we may use and disclose PHI to carry out our services, payment or other health care operations and for other specified purposes that are required or permitted by law.
We will ask you to sign a consent form or our electronic signature pad allowing us to use and disclose your health information when filling your prescriptions. We will not use or disclose your PHI without your written authorization except as described in this notice. We reserve the right to change our practices in this Notice and to make these changes effective for all PHI we maintain. Any revisions to this Notice will be posted in the pharmacy and on our website.
USE OR DISCLOSURES WITH CONSENT
We will use PHI for treatment. Example: Information obtained by the pharmacist will be used to dispense prescription medication to you. We will document in your record information related to medications dispensed to you and services provided to you.
We will use PHI for payment. Example: We will contact your insurer or pharmacy benefit manager to determine whether it will pay for your prescription and the amount of your co-payment. We will bill you or a third party payor for the cost of the prescription medications dispensed to you. The information on or accompanying the bill may include information that identifies you, as well as the prescriptions you are taking.
We will use PHI for health care operations. Example: The Pharmacy may use information in your record to monitor the performance of the pharmacists providing treatment to you. This information will be used in an effort to continually improve the quality and effectiveness of the health care and service we provide.
We are likely to use or disclose PHI for the following purpose: There are some services provided by us through contracts with business associates. Examples include switching companies which compile prescription information without using your name or personal identification, using these services lower the cost of prescription prices. When these services are contracted for, we may disclose PHI to our business associate so that we can perform the job we have asked them to do and bill you or your third-party payer for services rendered. To protect your PHI, we require the business associate to appropriately safeguard the PHI.
Communication with individuals involved in your care or payment for your care: Health professionals such as pharmacists, using their professional judgment, may disclose to a family member, other relative, close personal friend you identify, PHI relevant to that person’s involvement in your care or payment related to your care. Due to the physical configuration of the pharmacy, a diligent effort will be made to keep all oral PHI and written PHI only available to you. If you desire, a personal consultation room is available to safeguard discussions concerning your PHI. You or your personal representative will be required to sign a prescription log required by insurance carriers. This log will only identify you by name and prescription number, no PHI will be disclosed with this signature. If the prescription is delivered or mailed a licensed pharmacy staff member will sign the log denoting your name and the type of delivery.
Your prescriptions can be dispensed by various methods. You or your personal representative, family member, close friend or someone you ask can pick up your prescription at our pharmacy counter or drive up window. Other forms of delivery may include mail or delivery from the pharmacy staff.
Health-related communications: We may contact you to provide refill reminders or information about treatment alternatives or other health-related benefits and services that may be of interest to you.
USE AND DISCLOSURES WITHOUT CONSENT OR AUTHORIZATION
In limited situations, the law allows or requires us to use or disclose your PHI without your permission. Some of these situations are:
- when a state or federal law mandates that certain health information is reported for a specific purpose;
- for public health purposes, such as contagious disease reporting, investigation or surveillance and notices to and from the Food and Drug Administration regarding drugs or medical devices;
- disclosures to governmental authorities about victims of suspected abuse, neglect or domestic violence;
- uses and disclosures for health oversight activities, such as licensing of doctors, audits by Medicare or Medicaid or investigation of possible violations of health care laws;
- disclosures for judicial and administrative proceedings, such as in response to subpoenas or orders of court or administrative agencies;
- disclosures for law enforcement purposes such as to provide information about someone who is or is suspected to be a victim of a crime, to provide information about a crime at our location or to report a crime that happened somewhere else;
- disclosures to a medical examiner to identify a dead person or to determine the cause of death, to funeral directors to aid in burial or to organizations that handle organ or tissue donations;
- uses or disclosures for health related research;
- uses and disclosures to prevent a serious threat to health or safety;
- disclosures related to worker’s compensation programs; and
- disclosures to business associates who perform health care operations for us and who agree to keep your PHI private.
YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION RIGHTS
These are your rights concerning your health information:
- You may request a copy of this notice at any time by calling us at the numbers listed at the beginning of this Notice.
- You can request additional restrictions on our use or disclosure of PHI about you by sending a written request to us. We are not required to agree to those restrictions. You have the right to access a copy of your medical record as long as the pharmacy maintains the PHI. The record would include prescriptions and billing records. By law there are a few limited situations that can prevent access and copy of your records. If you are denied access to your PHI, you may request the denial be reviewed.
- If you feel your PHI is incomplete or incorrect, you may ask us to amend your record. You may request an amendment for as long as we maintain the PHI. We will send corrected information to anyone we know who received the wrong information and others whom you specify. If we do not agree, you can write a statement of your position to be included with your health information.
- You have the right to receive an accounting of the disclosures we have made of PHI about you for most purposes except payment, treatment or other healthcare operations and some other limited disclosures. Your request may not be longer than six (6) years (your request may be for a shorter period of time at your discretion). Your first accounting is free, but additional accountings may have fees assessed. We will notify you of the cost and you may accept or withdraw your request.
OUR NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
By law we must abide by the terms of this notice of privacy practices, but we have the right to change this Notice at any time in compliance with and allowed by law. If changes are made, the new privacy practices will apply to your health information that we already have as well as future changes. If we change our Notice we will post this in our pharmacy and on our website.
If you believe we have not respected the privacy of your health information you are entitled to complain to us or to the US Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Civil Rights. We will not retaliate against you if you file a complaint. If you want to complain to us, please send a written notice or discuss your complaint in person or by phone.
For more information about our privacy practices, please visit our pharmacy, completecarepharmacy.net or contact us at 217.528.8096 or 217.483.2496.
Effective Date: March 1, 2011
CompleteCare Pharmacy strives to be your trusted solution for your prescription medication and wellness needs. We are committed to providing our customers with fast, convenient services, both in our stores and online. As we continue to advance our website capabilities, we want you to know that your personal information is protected.
What information is collected?
When you order prescription refills, our form asks you to provide a limited amount of personal and/or health-related information. This information is necessary to process your order. Categories of personally identifiable information include: name, address, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth, address and prescription number. Additionally, our web server automatically collects click-stream information such as the address (or “URL”) of the website that you came from before visiting our site, which pages you visit on our site, which browser you used to view our site and any search terms you have entered on our site.
How is the information used?
You may choose to supply personalized information that will enable you to receive focused customer service that we cannot offer anonymous users. That customer service may include eNewsletters, communication with our pharmacists, etc. We also use the information that you provide in order to respond to your requests, customize your online experience, administer promotions, offer new services and measure the effectiveness of our website or our marketing endeavors.
Do you share the information I provide?
We will not intentionally release the information you have provided other than to you, CompleteCare Pharmacy and our affiliate, H. D. Smith, our agents (such as contracted fulfillment parties, if any), or your prescriber or other authorized medical professional. We may forward your prescription information to your insurance plan, so that we can handle reimbursement of your prescription purchase for your convenience.
- Agents: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. These functions may include hosting sites from this website, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, etc. They may be given access to personal information needed to perform these functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: We may send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please notify us.
- Disclosures:As required by law, we will disclose medical and other information which may relate to you. For example, in compliance with the Methamphetamine Control Act of 1996, we will provide the Drug Enforcement Administration with the name and address of each individual who orders products on this website which contain the ingredients ephedrine or pseudoephedrine.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores or assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that CompleteCare Pharmacy or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets and is permissible under law.
Do I have choices regarding how my information is used?
You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be required to order a prescription refill or to take advantage of other website features.
If you do not want to receive e-mail from us or to add or update certain personal information, please unsubscribe from our eNewsletter
Any other communications may also be directed to: email@example.com or to CompleteCare Pharmacy at 217.483.2496.
What about cookies?
“Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser. Cookies let us “remember” information about your preferences and passwords and allow you to move within our websites without reintroducing yourself. We use cookie and web beacon technology to track which pages on our sites our visitors view and which web browsers our visitors use. Cookies allow us to record user-specific information on what pages customers access or visit, record past activity at a site in order to provide better service when customers return to our site, and customize web page content on customers’ browser type or other information that the customer sends.
Cookies do not enable us to determine the identity of any visitor to our website. We cannot identify you unless you specifically tell us who you are.
Most Internet browsers permit you to erase or block cookies. Refer to your browser instructions or help screens to assist you in these processes: preventing your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that cookies permit you to take full advantage of this website’s features and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Third Party Service Providers:
- We contract with Infinity Box, a service partner, to provide us with form maintenance and administration.
- We contract with Campaign Monitor for eNewsletter subscription and maintenance, to measure the effectiveness of email communications, as well as to perform analysis of our subscribers’ interest in our content. We will use this information to improve our communications by ensuring that related promotions and services continue to be provided. No personally identifiable information, such as street address or prescription information etc., is shared with Campaign Monitor. Campaign Monitor is contractually prohibited from using the information obtained in the course of providing these services to CompleteCare Pharmacy in any manner other than to help us provide the best possible customer experience.
How secure is the information I provided?
CompleteCare Pharmacy is committed to protecting your personal information. We use technology that is designed for use with secure web servers. Prescription drug information resides behind a firewall where it cannot be accessed without proper authorization. Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) technology encrypts your personal information as well as your prescription health history as it is transmitted over the Internet. You maintain the security of your medical information by keeping your user name, password and other personal information confidential.
Does CompleteCare Pharmacy collect information from minors?
It is against our policy to sell prescription products to persons under the age of 18. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you should use this website only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
Information You Give Us and Your Consent
By visiting our website and using the services and features that we have made available, you consent to our collection and use of information in the manner we have described for you in the “How is the information used?” section above. You also consent to the terms and conditions that we have posted on our website.
Links to Other Sites
We may provide links to other sites that we believe offer useful services. Since these other sites are not under the control of CompleteCare Pharmacy, we cannot and do not make any representation or guarantee regarding the linked sites or their content. Our providing these links does not constitute an endorsement by CompleteCare Pharmacy, and we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies or security procedures of the linked sites. Therefore, you should review a linked site’s privacy and security policies before entering any information.
Whom can I contact if I have questions or concerns?
Unless otherwise stated, the contents of this site including, but not limited to, the text and images contained herein and their arrangement are the property of CompleteCare Pharmacy. All trademarks used or referred to in this website are the property of their respective owners.
Nothing contained in this site shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to any copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary interest of CompleteCare Pharmacy or any third party. This site and the content provided in this site, including, but not limited to, graphic images, audio, video, html code, buttons, and text, may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, without the prior written consent of CompleteCare Pharmacy, except that CompleteCare Pharmacy authorizes you to display on your computer, download and print pages from this website provided you do not modify the material in any way, you keep intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices, you utilize content only for personal, educational and non-commercial use and you will not redistribute or copy to any other media.
The information provided on this site is free of charge and for informational purposes only and does not create a business or professional services relationship between you and CompleteCare Pharmacy. Links on this site may lead to services or sites not operated by CompleteCare Pharmacy. No judgment or warranty is made with respect to such other services or sites and CompleteCare Pharmacy takes no responsibility for such other sites or services. A link to another site or service is not an endorsement of that site or service. Any use you make of the information provided on this site, or any site or service linked to by this site, is at your own risk.
This site and its contents are provided “as is” and CompleteCare Pharmacy makes no representation or warranty of any kind with respect to this site or any site or service accessible through this site. CompleteCare Pharmacy expressly disclaims all express and implied warranties including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. In no event will CompleteCare Pharmacy be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, consequential or other damages (including, but not limited to, lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or data) without regard to the form of action and whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with this site, any content on or accessed through this site or any site service linked to, or any copying, displaying, or use thereof.
You are responsible for complying with the laws of the jurisdiction from which you are accessing this site and you agree that you will not access or use the information on this site in violation of such laws. Unless expressly stated otherwise herein, any information submitted by you through this site shall be deemed non-confidential and non-proprietary. You represent that you have the lawful right to submit such information and agree that you will not submit any information unless you are legally entitled to do so. Because of the open nature of the Internet, we recommend that you not submit information you consider confidential. If one or more of the provisions contained in this Agreement is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect by any court of competent jurisdiction, such holding will not impair the validity, legality, or enforceability of the remaining provisions.